Friday, July 29, 2011

Artist #20 Echo Ukrainetz

"Potomic Gold"


Of all the subjects that Echo focuses on a like the landscapes section the best. I really can relate to this batik because I am from the country and see this scene pretty often so that is why I decided to talk about it. I love that she focuses on the round hay bales with the most detail because that it what she is trying to have be the main focus in this batik. I really like the texture the she was able to create with the hay field you can tell that it is still flowing full of hay. I also like that she is not afraid of the cracks and crinkles that are typical in batik and they actually seem to make composition stronger.



Echo is a native from Montana where she taught history, art and Spanish. She began her work in Batik in 1992. She enjoys the many aspects of the medium that she is able to experiment with. She has a large variety of subjects that her batiks focus on and she has work in collections all throughout North America. Some of her work is a collaboration between her and her husband.






No comments:

Post a Comment