Sunday, July 31, 2011

#30 Marilyn Shafer Bush

"After the Rain"

Acrylic on Clayboard


She is an artist after my own heart. I love everything about the country and I am also touched by the old barns in fields. It amazes me the beauty of what the barns of the past represent to us in the future. That is why I picked this painting of hers as my favorite "after the rain". I love the barn that she painted in this one, I love that it is white and so small and simple. The road that is filled with water is very beautiful too, i love the reflections that she created in the standing water from the rain. She has a very good sense of light and she portrayed it very beautifully in this painting. I love the colors that she used to create the field and landscape.


As a child Marilyn always knew that she was an artist and at the age of 12 she began to draw with the encouragement of her parents. Marilyn never attended college and most of her painting skills are self taught. Marilyn tries to paint everyday by finding inspiration in everyday life. She also enjoys teaching young children how to paint and teaching them how to "see" like and artist does. She really enjoys painting landscapes and snow scenes in acrylic. She finds inspiration in the people that she meet in the area that surrounds her. She loves to ride through Lancaster Pa area and looks at all the old barns and the simple way of life. The Lancaster area to her has a quiet beauty about it, untouched by technology while holding on to the memories of the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment