Friday, July 29, 2011

Artist #13 Elena Vedernikova

"spring"

I think that Elena Vedernikova is my new favorite batik artist. I love that she likes to use bold bright colors. Her work also appeals to me because she likes to use femine figures and objects in her work and the way that she uses it all together is very beautiful. My favorite painting of hers is this one called spring. I find it very delicate and beautiful. I love the fact that you can't see the womans face in this painting. I also love that she used the flowers in the womans hair that she also continued to use as a background. The transition of the hair into the grass flows perfectly. I love the texture Elena put into the dress. It is a very happy painting and it makes you want to go sit in a field of flowers on a warm end of the day.


Elena Vedernikova is a Russian Batik artist. She specializes in cold batik. Elena graduated from Udmurt State University in Izhevsk, Russia where she specialized in textile arts and silk painting. Since graduating Elena has worked as a batik artist and her works can be found in private collections in Germany, France, Italy Greece, Russia, and the USA. Elena creates work with the idea of being able to perceive her painting in two ways: the external contemplative method and the internal method of interpreting the artists intentions. Most of Vedernikova's paintings address the theme of femininity and a multitude of it's variations. Elena's visual style is original, with the smooth flowing vibrant lines that seem endless, capable of creating many images on the way.







http://batik-cold.narod.ru/

No comments:

Post a Comment