Friday, July 29, 2011

#21 Wendy Tatter

"Trigger Fish"


I really like this batik of hers because of all the detail that she put into it. I especially like the shine that she was able to give to the fish. The composition of this batik is really nice, i like the face that you can't see all of the fish. In a way it keeps your guessing and it makes you want to see more, like you kind of expect the fish to finish swimming by you. I think she also did a really good job with the colors and using shading. I love the feel of all of her work it makes me feel like I am on vacation or that I wish that I could so to the Caribbean to experience all of natures wonders. I like that she paints things that she has actually seen and experienced so that her work is more personal to her.


In 1980 Wendy attended Instituto Allende is San Miguel, Mexico where she was introduced to the art of batik. The process of creating batik intrigued her because she saw it as an almost backward way of creating a design. The process intrigued her so much that it has been her main source of her creative outlet ever since. Wendy's work all has somewhat of a Caribbean flair because her work is inspired by places that she has been and loved and she has traveled extensively throughout the Caribbean and Central and South America. She has made her home now in Saint Augustine, Florida where she now owns her own gallery.

http://www.wbtatter.com/Bio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment