Wednesday, July 27, 2011

#9 Ada Florek

"Batik VIII"

What I have noticed from Ada's batik work is that she likes to use colors that are more muted and not so bold. Most of the work that I looked at by her was abstract but she did have some that were not. I chose this batik because I really like that texture that was created in this. The tree bark was recreated very well and it looks just like actual tree bark. I also really like the texture that was created in the sky. The clouds look so bubblely and soft. I really like the colors that she used in this batik.


Ada doesn't focus on just batik work. She looks to draw and paint too. She has work that focuses on architecture, still life and other various things. Ada is from Poland and she is a new artist.
She is so new I guess that I searched all over on the internet for an artist statement or a biography and I wasn't able to find anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment